Sunday, July 20, 2008

Love you to the moon and back card using the new Graphically Speaking Cartridge


Ok, little story with this one. My daughter and grandson JJ, who have lived with us since JJ was born -he's 4 1/2 now, are moving to Kentucky in September. Every night before bedtime, we have this little ritual we go through where we say "I love you - love you more - love you most - love you to the moon and back - and all the stars in the sky". Well, this card will go to him when they leave. Inside will of course say "and all the stars in the sky". I will then have a mat and frame ready for it so he can hang it on his bedroom wall so Gramma will still say it to him every night before he goes to sleep. When I got my brand new Graphically Speaking cartridge from Hallmark Scrapbook yesterday, (THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SERVICE JODY AND BRAD!!) the idea started screaming in my head and I could do nothing else (believe me I tried) until I got this card finished. I have always had a fascination with the man in the moon, and I really, really ADORE this one!!! Here's what I used: Expression machine, Graphically Speaking Cartridge - moon, Micky font cartridge - the word moon, Navy pattern paper is Basic Grey - Boxer pack, The polka dot paper is Kaiser, Bazzill cardstock, Chalk ink for definition, ribbon was a freebie with an order from Ellen Hutson. The stars are eyelets from Making Memories that I've had for about six or seven years. Thanks for listening to my sob story. :0) HUGS!!

15 comments :

DeeDee said...

Awww Sharon, that's such a sweet story....I just know JJ will love this all framed up and hung on his wall to remind him of Gramma.....it's just so SWEET!!!! I love it!!! HUGS!!

Jeni Glee said...

From one Grandmother to another, Sharon, I just want you to know that I love your story about this card. Tears came to my eyes as I thought of you and JJ being separated; he will always have this card to remind him of his Gramma! I love and adore this, Sharon.

I joined the message board at Hallmark Scrapbook....woohoo! See you there!

Jenny said...

That is twice that you have made me cry in 2 days! I absolutely LOVED my package!!!! I still can't believe that you could part with that amazing book and that you gave it to me!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
And now with this story about your grandson. We lived with my mom for awhile and it was hard on both sides to be separated! I think that is the PERFECT thing to give him! You are AMAZING!
THANKS AGAIN!!!!
LOVE, Jenny

Anonymous said...

From one Grandama to another..This is beautiful..He will have is Grandma with him always:)This is gorgeous...:)x

Carole Beath said...

Oh Sharon, what a darling card, and what a sweet gift to your grandson.

Nikki said...

Oh this is so sweet of you, he's going to adore it every night!

Love the papers you used and all the dots and doodling!

:)

Dawny P said...

Awww Sharon - bless ya xxxxx I know how you feel hun cos our Kyla had been with us since the day she was born then they moved out when she was just turned 1. They did move back 8 months later (free babysitting???????) but I missed them both so much. I sooo love this and I'm sure he will look at it and know you are with him always, like he will be with you.

I'm off for a little sniffle now cos I feel so sad for ya xxxxx There is something on my blog which I hope will cheer you up just a little teeny tiny bit xxxxx

Lana Clarke said...

How very sweet Sharon!!! He will adore this keepsake from you.
If you pop over to my blog I have an award i would like you to have as I find your work so inspirational!!!
Hugs
Lana x

scrapn_momof2 said...

What a touching and sweet story. What a lucky little boy to have a Gramma that loves him so much!! Adorable card!

Ivy said...

Oh Sharon, what a sweet tradition you have with JJ. I am sure he will miss Gramma to death, but with his new frame...she'll be right there!! It's beautiful!

Regina Easter said...

I CAN'T GET OVER HOW REAL THIS LOOKS.........AWESOME AWESOME

Lainy's Little Blog said...

What a lovely idea. He'll treasure it forever no doubt.

Marlou McAlees said...

what a gorgeous card sharon!! :) loving all your beautiful creations that I missed. Also love your new look blog, super cool!! thanks for well wishes :) x

Dawn said...

what a great card Sharon. You always put so much detail in your cards and it shows! I love your new blog look. Sorry I have been MIA for awhile:(

Dawny P said...

ooo and there is something else there now for you xxxxx