Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A note to cheer you. Tilda scenery card

We made it to hump day, and once again, Friday is in our sights!! I just love making scenery cards. Not really sure why....I think maybe it's kind of like telling a little story, and I always wanted to write. All I know is that it's one of my very favorite types of cards. So this one was VERY fun for me to build. I made it for a blogging friend's mother that needs a little cheering up.
The Tilda, bench, and rock wall are all available at Magnolia-licious. Doesn't it look like she's sitting in a park somewhere? I colored them with my Copic markers and cut all three out. The bench is popped up with dimensionals and then Tilda is popped up yet again from the bench.

The DP is from Making Memories and cardstock is Bazzill. The trees and bird were cut with my Cricut. The trees from the Pooh and Friends cartridge, and the bird from the Wild Card cartridge. I used a little chalk ink around the edges of the trees. The tag was just hand cut and I put a little faux stitching around the outside of it and attached it with a safety pin.


The Copics, Cricut Expression machine, along with the two cartridges, are all available at Hallmark Scrapbook. Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! I'd love it if you'd take a sec and let me know what you think about the card. Have a wonderful Wednesday! Hugs!!



24 comments :

Jacque said...

Sharon, that cute card is definitely a cheer-up one for sure...The colors and the setting make for a very happy card...She is just so cute sitting there on her little bench and in such pretty surroundings...Great card!!!

Stressed Stamper said...

Love how you have used not just magnolias for this stamp giving people lots of ideas - well me anyway...great card as always

Sarah

Candy said...

Hi Sharon,
This is a winner for sure! Love the little scene you have created. It is so relaxing looking and I am sure it is going to cheer up the lady you are sending it to. Extremely well done in all ways.

Cheryl said...

You pulled the scene all together so beautifully! I love it!

DeeDee said...

WOW, and what a very lovely scenery card it is girlie! I love this! She's so adorable and of course your coloring is flawless! You will make someone smile very big when they open this card! I sure do have a big smile on my face right now! HUGS!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Oh this is just beautiful! I love everything!
hugz
deb

Suzanne J Dean said...

Love this scene you've created--love the use of the Cricut shapes (I don't use mine enough, lol)! Such a sweet card--love it!

hugz,
Suzanne

Tifany said...

Absolutely stunning card, Sharon.
Oh, how I want to play with my Cricut...if only I can find the time.

Vivi Casale said...

absolutely GORGEOUS!
hugs
Vivi

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous card! Love Tilda and the scene you created!!

Christine said...

Sharon, that is fantastic. I love the trees and the layered stamp scene. You did a wonderful job pulling it all together. I always love coming to your blog. You have the most wonderful ideas and beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing it with us. Have a great day!

Christine said...

Sharon, that is fantastic. I love the trees and the layered stamp scene. You did a wonderful job pulling it all together. I always love coming to your blog. You have the most wonderful ideas and beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing it with us. Have a great day!

Abbey97 said...

I love Tilda in scenes and this is just wonderful!! Love it!

Regina Easter said...

i think you like making them because you are just so darn good at it...hugs

Dawn♥ said...

Lovely cards Sharon! :)
♥Dawn♥

Kerry D-C said...

So sweet, Sharon!

Enfys said...

You really are turning into the Tilda queen - love what you are doing with these stamps.
hugs
Enfys x

CraftyC said...

Stunning card Sharon, love your blog!
Clairexx

Maria said...

Hey Sharon! I love scenary cards too. . .it just brings a card to life and yours certainly did. Love all the pretty patterns and colors to your card. . .Tilda is adorable. I love that bench too. . .I think I may copy it and draw it on my card one day. Beautiful job coloring Tilda. . the colors are so vibrant!

Maria

~Carla~ said...

Wow.. this is gorgeous!!! I absolutely *LOVE* your Magnolia cards.. beautiful!

Danni said...

This is such a cute card! Sure made me smile! Love it!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Another adorable creation! I love how the whole card looks like a photo or postcard, not just a card with a stamped image. Gorgeous!

Hugs,
Deborah

Becky G said...

Totally adorable! I love it!

Sandi said...

Sharon, I love this card and your amazing blog, stunning. Sandi