Sunday, March 22, 2009

Signs of Spring Bitten By The Bug challenge

It's Sunday night, that means it's time to reveal another challenge from Bitten By The Bug! This week, Regina is asking you to use the word SPRING from the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. This is such a cute cut! How could I not set a Tilda right on top of it? And I used one from the new Spring Club kit too. I also used the spring tree from the Easter collection which is available at Magnolia-licious.
The papers I used are just a little sneak peek of papers I received in the AWESOME kit that will be available tomorrow night over at Sweet Arts Paperie. They are going to debut the kit on their awesome site. Be ready though, cause their kits are limited and I don't see how you can pass this up!

The stamps were colored with my Copic markers, and the circle and scalloped circle the tree is on was cut out with my Nestabilities. The little tag was cut with a Cuttlebug die. I use that die SOOOO often for small little accent tags. I had a REALLY hard time getting the colors of Tilda to match the background papers. No matter what mixture of blues and greens I used, I couldn't get it right. So sorry for the clash of colors. And of course it tells me that I need more Copic colors!! LOL! I feel a shopping spree coming on!


So that's it for my card for tonight. Please be sure and visit Bitten By The Bug to see what the rest of the awesomely talented DT came up with! Thanks for stopping by to see me today and hope to see you back again soon!

16 comments :

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous colouring of this sweet Tilda Sharon, I love the Spring word she's sitting on, fabulous colours and details, Have a great week, Big Hugs, Nikki x

DeeDee said...

Excellent card girlie! Love Tilda sitting on the big ole word! Cool idea! Your coloring is perfect and I think you did a grand job of matching pretty close! I love it! HUGS!

DonnaMundinger said...

Sooo sweet Sharon!Your "Spring" cut really pops and I love the layout. The coloring looks great to me. Denim goes with everything. Hugs, D

Norine said...

very sweet card love the LO and all the colors
Hugs
Norine

Tammy said...

Awesome card Sharon!!!!
I love that paper so much I used it for a layout I did, it's just so pretty;)
Your cards are just so stunning and your talents amaze me!!

Hugs,

Tammy

Jacque said...

Sharon, that card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I just love the colors and Tilda is just PERFECT!!! Your work is just wonderful!!! I will have to check that paper out..it is so cheerful!!!

Jenny said...

It is so cute! I think that your coloring goes perfectly!!!! You are too hard on yourself! FAB as usual!

Lana Clarke said...

Gorgeous card Sharon and I think the colours are fine you have used on Tilda... that doesn't mean a shopping spree is off the cards tho right? lol
Hugs
Lana x

Jen said...

She's so sweet sitting on the S! Such a sweet little card! and I like that paper from SHP! I am going to have to check that out!

Hugs,

Jen

Sandi said...

Sharon, the color is vibrant and that stamp, wowwwzers. Sandi

"Um Buggin" said...

Sharon, now how sweet it this???? I love Tilda perched on top of the spring word. The blend of colors and papers are just perfect for a spring card. You rocked this challenge girlfriend. TFS

Hugz, xx

~L~

MarieL said...

How adorable, Sharon. I love all those happy colors. Amazing how you put all these different elements together and it works perfect. I wish I could do that.

Stressed Stamper said...

Beautiful as always!...love the colours you have used...fantastic Tilda....just love it
Sarah

Christine said...

Hi Sharon this is one awsome card love all the colours brill.

Christine xx

Michele Kovack said...

This is darling! Love how the black behind it really makes it pop!

Jodi said...

Very cute and sweet image. Your layout and use of colors are perfect!! Great job on the coloring as well.
Hugs,
Jodi =)