Thursday, March 12, 2009

Three Clovers Thursday Challenge and a really fun birthday card!

It's Thursday and you know what that means! It's challenge time over at Three Clovers! I had a BLAST working on this challenge. I mean...look at this cake! HOW FUN!!! So I turned on my Cricut Expression, and I went to work.

I cut the one out with my Sesame Street Font cartridge and then cut the shadow four times and glued them all together. It makes awesome faux chipboard. Happy Birthday was cut with my ZooBalloo cartridge and shadowed that one as well, also multiple times for strength, and did the same thing yet again for the balloons with the Celebration cartridge.
Before I glued all the balloon layers together, I cut some strips of red wire and attached the wire the balloon, then continued gluing the balloon pieces together. That way, the edge of the wire is hidden up inside the ballon. I used Zip Dry glue to glue the wire on, and I used a very generous portion of it too. It is holding the weight of them wonderfully!


The DP is DCWV Nana's Kids, don't know about the cardstock. I cut the base out at 1 1/2" wide and scored down the middle. Then attached the one to the front and center of the strip. I also cut two layers of cardstock to attach to the back for the added weight. The card stands just fine. For the base of the strip, I used kraft cardstock cause it's nice and sturdy.

The adorable little dragon is by Lelo Designs that I purchased from 7 College kids. When I cut him out, I just did away with the string that was holding the balloon and replaced it with some wire too. I colored him with my Copic markers. He's stamped, colored, and cut three times and each layer has a thin layer of dimensional tape in between.
Thanks so much for stopping in to see my take on Kerry's challenge today, and I hope you pop over to Three Clovers and take a peek at what the rest of the Inspirational team did. They are all wickedly talented!! Hope to see you back again soon!! HUGS!



30 comments :

Joey said...

Oh My Gosh Sharon, that cake is delish!!! I lurves it, so much fun fabulous work :O)

I love the card too, me thinks you may be swaying me to put cricut on my evergrowing list! awesome design. joey.xxx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

What a beautiful works! Cake and card is magnificent!

Tracey said...

OH MY WOW!!! This card is fantastic!!!

DeeDee said...

OMG! I'll take a large hunk of that cake please! LOL! This card is AMAZING! WOW, do you walk around just ooooozing talent girlie? I know you do! I love this card and sweet little Ben will too! HUGS!

Anne said...

wow wow and wow again, such a brillaint card

Jaspere said...

Now this is a work of art. I seriously need to dust off my Cricut.

Elena said...

So cute! I love the ONE shape!Fun colors and very cute dragon! Love how you attached his balloons!

Dawn♥ said...

Wow awesome card! Love it! :)
♥Dawn♥

Kerry D-C said...

You rocked this challenge, Sharon!! LOVE this!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lots of wonderful details put into your project - just incredible!

Jacque said...

And just how cute is that!!!! Wonderful job!!! Lordy, how patient you are to put that cute thing together!!! Hugs!!

Danni said...

OH MY!! This is truly amazing! You are just so clever and talented!! Awesome!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

BRILLIANT!! I LOVE that card!!
WOW you do amazing work!!
hugz
deb

Ida said...

Super Duper Cute, Fun, Adorable and Fantabulous! - I just love how you were inspired.

Tracy said...

Oh my word, this is the most fantastic card i have ever seen, Sharon you have outdone yourself Hun.
Hugs T x

Marte said...

WOW!... And again - wow!! This is SO gorgeous! I really love it, and it is a great idea! Now, I guess I have to buy a cricut to ;)

Love, Marte

Basement Stamper said...

Phenomenal, what a great centerpiece this would be at a birthday party!

Justine said...

Wow that cake is something else!!! Love your card Sharon!!! very clever!
Justine x

Denise said...

Wow that cake and card are quite something. I just have to learn to use my Cricut. Very well done

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Sharon! This is wonderful! How long does it take you to make something like this?! WOW! Just amazing! Submit it somewhere . . . this SHOULD be published!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Wowzers Sharon! This is just too cute for words--I love it! You make me aspire to using my Cricut (which is sadly underused) more, lol!

hugz,
Suzanne

Becky G said...

Holy cow, girl! You are amazing and so is this card! I love all the wire. Such fun!!!

Hugs~Becky

Michele Kovack said...

This has to be the cutest card EVAH!!! Love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is outstanding! So colorful & full of whimsy. The Lelo stamps is supah cute, too.

DonnaMundinger said...

FABULOUS Sharon! You totally ROCKED this challenge. How super duper FUN and creative! I LOVE IT!
xxD

Regina Easter said...

oh my word sharon, this is a masterpiece, it should be in a book..........i love it...hugs

MarieL said...

Fantastic job Sharon. How creative and fun. Reading all the comments, I see that everybodies Cricut is collecting dust....lolol.

Nikki said...

OMG!!!! This is amazing!! So absolutely clever with the wire, it's perfect!!
WOW!!!!!

Nikki said...

PS - YOU MUST submit this to Cricut for the weekly Project Spotlight. I just love it!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

I don't have a Cricut, but you sure are making it hard to keep from buying one! Great job on this week's challenge!