Sunday, November 22, 2009

BBTB - Cornucopia challenge

Well, the weekend is over and hope you had a fabulous one! And that means it's time to reveal a new challenge for Bitten By The Bug. This week, our hostess is the amazingly talented Donna Mundinger. If you have not visited Donna's blog, you are missing out! This girl is so talented with the Cricut and the Design Studio Software! She constantly amazes the heck out of me!! Well, this week, Donna challenged us to use the Cornucopia from Paper Doll Dress Up. Oh sheesh...the cornucopia...the horn of plenty.....Now.... no offense Donna, but I have always hated cornucopias. LOL! I don't know why, I just don't like them. And had it not been for this challenge, I would never have cut it. Never. LOL! So I did my best, but what can I say. I don't like it. I didn't want to do the typical fruit in it, so I played around a little, and of course the cornucopia represents things being "plentiful". So I wanted to with everyone a season full of love, So I filled mine with hearts.

Now even though I don't like the cornucopia, I have to say though, that I enjoyed the heck out of myself making it! Why?? Because this entire card was made using my brand new Gypsy!!! I'm so excited to have one of these machines that I can hardly stand it! So I've got most of my cartridges loaded onto it, and I am amazed at how much I love this little machine! No more searching through handbooks, no more changing cartridges. This thing is fantastic!!! And it's available right now over at Hallmark Scrapbook! The shaped card and the frames were cut using the Gypsy and A Child's Year cartridge. This is quickly becoming my favorite cart for frames. It's amazing! The hearts were cut using Plantin Schoolbook. The paper used was Basic Grey and cardstock is Bazzil. I got a little irked with the hearts cause I used a coordinating orangish paper from the same pack of Basic Grey, but for some reason, it photographed pinkish, and I could not photoshop it to the true color, no matter what I did. I used some white chalk ink around the edges of the black frames. That's it for this card. Simple, easy, and I'm really glad it's done. LOL! Please be sure and pop over to Bitten By The Bug to check out the fabulous creations by the rest of the team. Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! hugs!

17 comments :

Joyce said...

I always love your cards. You do such cute work. Keep it up!! And, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Jacque said...

Well, Sharon, you may not like it but I think it is stunning!!!! The colors are most attractive on my computer and you have done such an exceptional job with the entire card...those papers are gorgeous and that black checked ribbon is such an attention getter...Beautiful...Love it....Hugs..Jacque

Carole Beath said...

I am with ya, Sharon... I wilted when I saw that Donna picked out the Cornucopia cut. WHAAAAT, I said as I sank. But I managed...and as for your card, it's darling. Love those hearts... great idea.
Hugs.
Carole

Creative Momma said...

LOL...I have to agree with you on the Cornucopia cut...probably wouldn't have used it myself...glad I found a new way to use it :)
I must say though that your choice of paper on this card makes it just beautiful... I really love the hearts..I would have never thought of that and love it much more that fruit :)

cabio's craft corner said...

You might not like cornucopias, but you sure did a fabulous card with this cornucopias. It's rich and colorful~
Hugs,
Cabio

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Horn of hearts, great take on the challenge. Love the colors! It looks so fallsy..is that a word, oh well ya know what I mean :o). Great job sis!

Nancy said...

What a great Thanksgiving card Sharon! Love your design paper and the ribbon is perfect. Love the heart filled cornicopia so cute! I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Nancy

Kelly said...

It's tough to do a card with something you hate but you pulled it off beautifully. I wouldn't have know how you always hated the cornucopias because this is such a great card. I love the hearts! Happy Thanksgiving if I don't get a chance to stop by before then!

Sandi said...

love, love, love your cornucopia overflowing with hearts, and that patterned paper makes all just hummm.Hugs

Tracey said...

My dear, how can you not like what you create?!?! Your work is always fabulous!! Love your card! The hearts in the cornucopia is a great idea. xx

Linda said...

What a great idea to fill your cornucopia with love especially since you don't love the cornucopia itself. That appeals to my sense of humor and makes me like this card even more. Happy Thanksgiving!

DonnaMundinger said...

Hey Chickie! Sorry about the choice of cuts. I thought it was a "Thankgivingey" thing to do. LOL After I chose it I said "What were you thinking?! Everybody is gonna HATE you!" LOL Well guess we all struggles through it and I must say I LOVE yours! Filling it with hearts was genius and that black background really makes the colors POP! Thanks for hanging in there! Have a great Thanksgiving! xxD

Anonymous said...

fun card Sharon! thought the cards on the BBTB blog were creative! can't believe they thought to use it as a hat! lol
Pam Going Postal

Debra James said...

Well Sharon, Once again you have amazed me with something I would never known what to do with. Your card is so creative. How do you keep coming up with such brilliant ideas. I am waiting anyday now- stalking my postie for my Gypsy to arrive- I know where to come if I need help . LOL. Hugs xx

DeeDee said...

I love that you filled the "horn thingy" (LOL!) with hearts instead of fruit! You are always thinking outside of the box and I love that about you! GREAT card girlie! HUGS!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This card is stunning! I HEART everything about it! When my daughter was around 3 she called these things corn holes, lol ??? still unsure where that came from, but funny just the same :). I am VERY intrigued as to what a gypsy is. I will have to check it out. I have around 8 carts for my cricut but do not seem to have the hang of how to use it as beautifully as you do. Mine looks like a child cut and past paper shapes together. nothing as gorgeous and stunning as your creations always are. (and PS, I never liked cornucopias either, but I love yours :) )

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Scrapbooking Challenges & Competitions search engine today (look for timestamp: 19 Dec [LA 02:29pm, NY 05:29pm, UK 10:29pm] - 20 Dec [OZ 09:29am]).